Thursday, July 2, 2009

Vacation can finally start!

Well today was my last day of curriculum writing. We got so much done and I really feel a sense of accomplishment. Now I can relax until August....yeah right. I have already started making lists of things I want to create for next school year and things I want to change. I can't relax who am I kidding! That is the one thing I love about teaching each year it is out with the old and in with the new. I tweak things each year and have really found some great ways to do things. It will be no dfferent this year. I am already thinking about changing the schedule a bit, devising a new way for the kids to choose centers, and revamping some organizational things. My assistants probably won't appreciate it but they are used to me:) I want to make things as easy as possible since I will be getting used to a new teacher in the room.

Tomorrow we are taking the kids to Port Discovery for the day. I have decided to try and take them and do something fun once a week in July. We are looking at going to the Natural History Museum (because Lance wants to see the animals that come to life at night just like in the movie Night at the Museum) and possibly a Pirate Ship adventure. Swimming is in there too of course. Although I may be crazy by July 14th. Daycare is closed all next week for vacation and I will have all 3 kids Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Lance and Ryan have dentist appointments on the 13th and will return to daycare on the 14th. I told Nyanda today I may just shove them in the door and bolt! Just kidding.....I am already praying for patience:) July is already so packed with events that it will be time for the beach before I know it. Then after that school is just around the corner.

I went into Kohls today to get the kids matching shirts to wear tomorrow. (I am dressing them in orange and attaching our phone number to their backs, a little paranoid I know!) Anyway the summer stuff is picked over and there are a few racks of fall stuff already, seriously can't we get to August at least. There was also a whole display of backpacks, AHHHHHHH. Lance has said he wants a Mario backpack and Kohls did have one. I may go get it so they don't sell out. Again I am having to compose myself at the thought of buying his first backpack. Poor Ryan, by the time he gets to kindergarten I will probably be so ready it will be nothing to shove him on the bus. I doubt it but at least the thought of Lance being with him will be comforting.

I don't have pictures so I will stop rambling. I will have plenty tomorrow from Port Discovery!

No comments: