Saturday, July 25, 2009

Goodbye Griffins

Last night we had Michelle and Dennis’ going away get together. I was all prepared for the teary goodbye when I remembered we are having lunch this week for Chris’ birthday. Oh well, I guess we will blubber in public rather than in private:) We had a great time hanging out. It was us, Michelle,Dennis and their kids, Chris and Keith, Bree and the kids, and Carey, Scott and their kids. Carey has been neighbors and friends with Michelle and also teaches first grade and was our lunch buddy daily. Chris, Bree, and I put together a gift full of Maryland memories. We want her to remember this place and us!! JR also had a special gift for Dennis. Dennis is in the Army and fascinated with JR being in the DC fire department. Dennis is a pilot which JR thought was pretty cool too. Anyway, JR gave Dennis his very own DCFD helmet. He was like a kid on Christmas morning. I think he wore it the majority of the night:) Though us ladies worked so close every day for the past 3 years, our husbands have become pretty fond of each other as well. We are really going to miss Michelle and hate replacing her. We are hoping for the best with the new teacher next year.

Michelle,

I wish you well in Alabama. We aren’t ready for you to go but the Army is. I have to agree with Carey, We aren’t making friends with anyone in the military anymore!!!! The goodbye is too hard. Be sure to keep checking my blog so you will see how I make it through Lance’s Kindergarten year. Feel free to comment if I am being ridiculous about something:) Keep up your blog too!! I will be checking on you. You will get a nasty email if you wait too long between updates:) It’s been a great ride!

Jennifer

IMG_3607Dennis and Michelle

 IMG_3606 A better look at the cake: designed by yours truly

IMG_3601 Photo collage of the Griffin/Rhorbaugh gang

IMG_3599

Proud as a Peacock!

IMG_3600Dennis and JR

IMG_3602

Digging in to her Maryland Memories

IMG_3605

Keith and Chris

No comments: