Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

We had a great day yesterday. Spent the morning at home, cleaning and just piddling around. Ryan went on an adventure with JR and Pop Pop to Virginia. They bought more lawn equipment! Lance and I hung around and he helped me clean. He picked up the playroom all by himself and did a great job. He likes being a helper and was so good. As soon as Ryan got home they were at each other instantly. It is amazing to me. After nap we got into our swim gear and headed to Nana’s. We swam for a few hours then cleaned up and then walked up to the village green. They have activities for the kids and of course fireworks. The kids rode the train and Lance got in a few moon bounces, they loved the fireworks and it was a good evening. As we settled in for the fireworks 2 of the kids Lance played T-Ball with sat in front of us. He was excited to see them and decided to sit with them to watch. It was so cute to watch them interact and be so amazed by the fireworks. It was the first time that we took a backseat to friends. It kind of brought a tear to my eye thinking this was the first time he would have rather been with his friends than us. He did come back a few times just for a kiss:) We got home pretty late and the best surprise was that they both slept until 8:15 this morning. I don’t remember the last time that happened.

This week should be busy, I will be mom to 3. Mikayla is staying with us for a few days since daycare is closed. It will either make me wish I had 3 kids or make me crazy. I am thinking the latter:)

DSC_1404 Three kiddos ready to go!

DSC_1411

Mommy and Ryan on the train

 DSC_1417

JR and Lance on the train

DSC_1421

Having Ice Cream (all 3 of them!)

 DSC_1432 She sure was excited!

DSC_1444 As you can see, Lance was thrilled to have our picture taken!

DSC_1445 Nana and Mikayla, Ryan and Grandma Rison

DSC_1462

Lance and his friends

DSC_1466 Being silly

DSC_1457 I try every time to get a good picture of a firework, hardly ever happens though!

No comments: