Monday, July 20, 2009

Vacation Bible School

So I decided to take Lance to Vacation Bible school at Potomac Heights church. It started last night. The age was 4 but they allowed Ryan to attend as long as he handled it well. He was a little clingy at first but then took Lance by the had and toddled off to the preschool class. After I was sure he was fine I went home and JR and I decided to take a bike ride. We didn't have to pick the boys up until 9! So off we go, we got about a half mile down the trail and my cell rang. It was one of the VBS directors saying that Ryan was pretty miserable. So we turned around and headed back. We got in the car and went to get him. He wasn't even with his class anymore but on the hip of the director. He is a ladies man!! The director said that the first time he smiled was when he saw my car, how sweet:) Once he saw me he said, "Mommy I want to go home!" JR was talking so we just hung out for a minute. The Pastors wife came over and told Ryan about a crocodile that was in the chapel. We went to see and he loved it. The preschool class came in for their group time so we stayed. Lance sat with the group and Ryan stayed with me. Soon they announced that it was snack time. Of course, Ryan said "I want a snack." I told him he had to be with the kids to get a snack. Down he went and joined the group. I hung back just watching for a while and then he was fine, not even looking back for me. I went to the chapel to wait for them to return for the finale and when his class came in he was right in line. Lance was such a great big brother always making sure he had Ryan by the hand. At the end when I went to get them he yelled, "Mommy!" It was as if he forgot I was gone. I asked if he had a good time and he yelled, "YES!" So I asked "do you want to go back tomorrow?" "YES!" was the reply. Tonight was great, he gave me a kiss goodbye and off to the group he went. They both have been retelling the bible stories and singing the rally songs. It is so cute to see them interact with other kids and have a great time. I haven't taken any pictures but I will! They have T-shirts with the crocodile mascot on it from the theme. Too cute!!!

1 comment:

Bree said...

I want to send off my kids till 9:00!