We had a really good trip today. It was just the perfect amount of time in the car for the kids. The drive to Florida will be a bit more challenging but we will do fine:) We arrived in Williamsburg around 1:00pm and got to our resort and checked in despite 4pm being check in time. We headed over to our condo and the kids immediately scoped out the joint. They found the super bath right off the bat. Nicki and I lugged in all the bags and we quickly “made house” as Matteson would say. He and I were twins separated at birth I think because we are so alike. I like to get all my clothes in the dresser and toiletries in the bathroom first thing:) After we set up shop Nicki and I had to head to Wal Mart for milk and stuff that wouldn’t travel well. Storms were passing through so we headed to the Movie Tavern for dinner and a movie. You can order real food and they bring it to you at your seat. We saw Despicable Me and it was the sweetest movie ever. Then we walked around colonial Williamsburg to see what was there and got ice cream for a snack. We are spending the day tomorrow at Busch Gardens and then we will tour colonial Williamsburg on Wednesday. All three kids are now in and out of bed so we are trying to settle down for our busy day tomorrow. Stay tuned.
I HATE driving over bridges so the 301 bridge had me a bit nervous. Then low and behold they were doing bridge work and we were stuck in the middle of it for 10 minutes or more!!
The kiddos in the tub first thing
Decked out in their 3D glasses. Mikayla wouldn’t get next to the minions or Gru. She said, “care me!” (scare me)
Ryan and Mikayla are 2 of a kind. He had Nana in a death grip because the chairs moved. He was terrified!! What are we going to do with these kids??
Waiting for ice cream
Lance’s root beer float was bigger than him:)
What a better way to end the day. Any deeper and they would have needed floaties:)
1 comment:
I love the movie theatre. I've been thinking about doing a weekend trip before school starts. Williamsburg sounds like a great idea.
Post a Comment