Thursday, July 22, 2010

Last Day in Williamsburg

We decided to spend yesterday pretty low key, RIGHT!!! Is anything low key with 3 kids??? For those of you who have 3 kids, more power to you!!! As the trip progressed I was more and more convinced that it was Dad, JR, and Matteson that had vacation!! Anyway, we got up and went to breakfast before heading to colonial Williamsburg for what we planned would be a photo shoot with the great back drops of colonial times. Here is a peek of what we got…

DSC_6789

Lance decided to carry Mikayla who refused to walk down the cobblestone street. Where’s Ryan?? Oh right, he ran way ahead.

DSC_6794

DSC_6798

Mikayla throwing a tantrum and Lance and Ryan with very forced smiles!

DSC_6800

Oh wow, a good one:)

DSC_6803

Some of the best ones are from behind. Look at Lance’s stance, JR stands EXACTLY like that!!!

DSC_6813

There was a moment of peace when they got to look at the horses.

DSC_6817

DSC_6828

They were beautiful

DSC_6836

Ok guys, let’s go see what the colonial people are doing in the field…

DSC_6841  DSC_6842         

No!!! “Hold You”

DSC_6845

Learning how to play hoop and stick. Such a simple name for a game that needs a hoop and a stick!

DSC_6847

Got to have the tongue hanging out!! 

DSC_6849

DSC_6853

Trap Ball (Colonial Baseball)

DSC_6858

DSC_6861

Playing cards. Look at Ryan’s game face:)

DSC_6866

Lance observing the shoe maker

DSC_6869

I got them 3 corner caps and quills too, $40 later. Lance wanted a bayonet but I decided against it! But that’s not all…Lance was throwing a hissy fit because he wanted a stupid paper fan that cost $10!!! Never happy!!! I should have taken the %&*^ things back!

DSC_6870

DSC_6872

So much temptation in every store…

DSC_6873

Do you see what that says??? Chocolate covered twinkies!!!!!!!!!!! NOT on the diet!!

DSC_6877

Lance with Thomas Jefferson

So this adventure only took 2 hours!! We decided to head back to the pool since everyone was HOT and miserable. We got back to the hotel and it took another 20 minutes to get into the condo. Between Lance and Ryan fighting over who was going to put in the key card and who was going to open the door and then to find that our upper deadbolt had been locked AFTER everyone was out is still a mystery. I think the place was haunted. The maintenance man had to come and bust the lock off so we could get in!!! Anyway we finally made it to the pool to cool off.

DSC_6878

DSC_6883

We ended the evening with dinner and a little outlet shopping. I got both boys book bags and lunch boxes that are so cute and cool. I’ll post a picture.

DSC_6884

Me and my kids…Mikayla hopped in at the last moment. She is my kid too:)

DSC_6886

DSC_6891

DSC_6892

Resting to Nim’s Island before bed.

Ahh…and to think I have one week to recover and then on the road to Disney World for 10 days. I must be destined for punishment! But…We are making memories %&*# it!!!!!             

2 comments:

The Marsh's said...

LOL you & Nicki's posts have been cracking me up this week! You better get home and rest before your next vacation!

Caleb's mom said...

umm, I think they all need a pony... Love the pics with the horse.