Well after 2 days of travel we are here!! We arrived around 1:00 and just got settled into our condo. The trip was great. We drove all night Thursday and arrived in Savannah Ga. at 7:15am Friday!! We were surprised at what good time we made. We stopped at cracker barrel for breakfast and then headed to find the hotel and the Lady and Son’s restaurant. We quickly found the restaurant and there were people in line down the building!!! It was 8:30am and I had read that you needed to be there in person to put your name on the list for either lunch or dinner. So like the rest of them i got out and waited in line…for an hour!!! This is one of those things though that I have always wanted to do and by gosh we were doing it!! It was a success, we were on the list for 5pm. Luckily we got into our hotel at 10am and we all went to sleep until 2:30. We then headed out for some sight seeing on river street and then to dinner. IT WAS SO GOOD. The best of southern cooking for sure. After dinner it was hot so the kids played in the fountain in the town square and then back to the hotel pool. We got up early this morning and headed into Orlando. I think we will acquaint ourselves with the resort and attend the campfire tonight on the beach here in the resort. Stay tuned…
Waiting in Line for the Lady and Sons 8:30am!
Before the lunch and dinner times a staff member rings the dinner triangle in the street.
Southern fried chicken with all the fixins!! Ho Cakes and garlic cheese biscuits too!! It looks good and tasted SOOOOOO much better. I was so sad I couldn’t hold seconds!
Lance tracked the states as we traveled down the coast
Our Condo!
This is Lance and Ryan’s room!! King size bed, flat screen TV, and living area!
This is our room. Jetted tub right beside the bed and then the bathroom with shower and double sinks!!
3 comments:
I'm so jealous. I LOVE Paula Deen. I was planning a trip this summer to Savanna, but my plans changed. Hope to get there in the fall. Enjoy your trip.
I'm SO jealous too! Of the food and the trip. Hope you guys have a great time!
Have a great time you guys!Lucky!!
Post a Comment