Friday, February 5, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes

Lance is quite an intelligent child. He says and does things well beyond a five year old most of the time. But there are times where such five year old behaviors emerge and I love those times!!

This morning as I was fixing my hair in the bathroom he asked, “Mommy why do you flick your hair like that?” I answered, “so it will be fluffy and not stuck to my head.” JR was in the bathroom too and said, “Lance, you are supposed to tell mommy that it looks hot” so he proceeded to tell me, “it’s hot mommy.” I smiled and asked, “do you think mommy looks hot?” He said, “yes…your cheeks are a little red”

I burst into laughter as he took the phrase “you look hot” so literally. Ahh, it is these moments I want to remember forever which is why I am writing it down:)

We are in for a snowy weekend so I am heading out this morning to get last minute things before picking up the kids early and hunkering down for a few days. I may be crazy by Sunday night!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

haha - leave it to Lance!! :)