Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Blizzard has ended

The snowing that is. The aftermath will not be over for days. Dad came and rescued us for a while and now we are back. I had to dig out just so we could walk to the road and get in the car. It was interesting, as I was digging the snow plow came by and covered my work. I wanted to be sick!! I just had to go out and dig Sophie’s path for the second time. It looked as though I had never shoveled it the first time.

JR has been busy today, watch the 10:00 news, he had an interview on a house fire they were on this evening. Hopefully they air it. I sure will be glad when he gets home tomorrow. We will have to get the driveway clear so he can get the car in, what a mess.

Here are some pictures of the day.

DSC_4521

Path for Sophie at 7am

DSC_4524

The plow having difficulty getting across the street. The tires were spinning.

DSC_4525

DSC_4527

DSC_4529

Look how much snow is in the seat of the rocking chair, some had blown off from the wind.

DSC_4532

Blizzard conditions

DSC_4533

Sophie’s path, second time I had to dig it!

DSC_4534

DSC_4535

DSC_4536

The mountain of snow from the plow at the end of our driveway

DSC_4537

Our path to get to dad’s car

DSC_4539

DSC_4540

More to come…playing and snow tubing tomorrow:)  

I did get Lance’s BD invitations made while snowed in. He wants a Mario Party at the bowling alley. So…I handmade invitations, am working on decorations, goodie boxes and I have a killer cake in the works. Let’s just say it is something you would see on TLC’s Cake Boss:) Can’t wait to share as time draws closer.

DSC_4520

DSC_4519

1 comment:

ROBINSNAPSALOT said...

I am coming to hang out at your house! You are too cool with all your crafty ideas!!

KEnnedy loves Cake Boss! We are driving out in the spring so she can go to Carlo's Bakery!