Today is National Read Across America Day. Better known as Dr. Seuss Day. It is always a fun filled day with guest readers and of course green eggs and ham. I was excited for Lance to have his first experience with Dr. Seuss day. I was thankful he was able to go to school today after a bought of the stomach bug this weekend.
I was up to my eyeballs in throw up this weekend. Friday it began with the dog and then Saturday it was Lance into Sunday. There was NO sleep Saturday night at all. I felt so bad for him, poor thing. He stayed home Monday just to be on the safe side but he was back to his normal self by evening.
JR got up as usual and went to work this morning and I was awoke by Ryan’s blood curdling scream at 4:30am. He was screaming in pain and holding his stomach. I thought maybe he just had to use the bathroom which he didn’t and then in about 30 seconds he was fine and went back to sleep in my bed. The same episode happened at 6:00am and he was dry heaving. Great!!! Poor thing has never thrown up before so he didn’t know what was happening to him. So…I called JR in a panic and told him I needed him to come home. There was so many things happening at school revolving around Dr. Seuss and then after school I had to supervise the tutoring program. I put Ryan in the car and headed to work because I had all the materials for the day at home that needed to be dropped off in the classroom, then I was going to bring Ryan back home until JR could get home and then head back to work. As soon as we got to school and walking down the hall with my arms loaded, Ryan stopped and threw up right in the middle of the floor. Everything I had went flying and a few fellow teachers came to my rescue. Poor baby!!! Guess there was no question I had a sick kid:) Luckily JR got down the road a bit quicker than expected and he swung by school and picked him up. They spent the day curled in the recliner!! Ryan didn’t get sick anymore until 7:15 tonight. He is a trooper though. He got off the bed and headed right for the bathroom. We got him cleaned up and he is sleeping for the night. Now JR is complaining of stuffiness…Great!!! He is way worse than the kids!
So…now that my week has started off with a bang, hopefully it will calm down and everyone will be on the mend! It makes me tired retelling the story. If I don’t have a sick day coming I may need a mental health day!
Here are some pictures of the day, I will post pictures of my Dr. Seuss day tomorrow. I left my little camera at school.
Finally asleep at 7:45pm. He has been in this position since 6:00pm!
1 comment:
He looks like a little baby sleeping like that :). Hope he's better today!
Post a Comment