Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Just so I won't forget

As many of you moms know, kids do so many things that you think you'll never forget...but you do. I try to write things down and this blog will help me out as time passes. One of the first things on my summer agenda is to print this blog into a book by year. I am into my third year so I have some work to do.

Here are some of the things I don't want to forget...

1. Ryan saying, "Mommy, renember when..." No that is not a typo, it is how he says remember:)

2. Every night when he is being tucked into bed he says, "Where we going tomorrow?" He is always living for what's next, just like me:)

3. While playing in the pool he calls the snorkel a snarpal

4. Lance can subtract numbers that result in negative answers at 6 years old. He asked me what 19-20 was the other night and I explained that you can't subtract a bigger number from a smaller number without getting negative numbers. He questioned further about it so I explained that the difference between 19 and 20 was 1 so 19-20 is negative 1. He proceeded to rattle off his own problems such as 100-200=-100, 15-20=-5, and he is constantly asking me to give him "negative sentences" as he calls it. He grasped that concept in about 30 seconds! We all know this is pushing my math abilities!!! I thought I had a couple more years before he was smarter than me in math, maybe not!!

5. Lance has picked up a disgusting skill from school, the first of many i'm sure...he can make his armpit sound like a fart!!! Can you believe that??? I am appauled but it is quite funny at times.

Ahh, they are too much but quite entertaining!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

They're both so smart....can't wait to see what else they teach Mikayla ;)

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

Wow, very smart!