Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Mikayla!!

Today is Mikayla’s 2nd birthday. She is such a little smart, sassy, cutie pie!! I love having a niece and I live out my “mother/daughter” dreams through her. I can’t wait until we can go on outings and shop together. I was able to witness her birth which was the most amazing thing I have ever been a part of. Even though I had given birth twice myself, being on the other side of it was something that I will never forget. I hope I get to do it again when her brother or sister is born one day.

Tonight I have been making her cake for the big party tomorrow. It took a whooping 3 hours to complete. It is absolutely beautiful and I am very proud of how it turned out. Nicki assisted and made many many black balls out of fondant for me:) I hope Mikayla looks back at in when she gets older and loves it!

Happy Birthday Baby Girl, Aunt Jen loves you!!!

CIMG2053

Waiting anxiously

CIMG2062

IMG_3891

The first time I held her 

IMG_3890

I was a bit emotional

She was already giving me a look:)

CIMG2096

CIMG2149

a little jealous, look how little Ryan was:)

CIMG2220

IMG_3895

IMG_4474

She always wanted to sleep when I held her!!! 

I’ll post pictures of her and I at the party tomorrow, I look much different than I did in these:)

Drum Roll Please………………………………………………………………………

DSC_6228

DSC_6231

Ta Da!!!!!!! 

5 comments:

Nicole said...

The cake is supposed to be a surprise ding dong!!! :)

The old pics brought tears to my eyes...ahh...

Liz said...

Oh, leave her alone Nic! She is just proud of her hard work. The cake looks beautiful! I just wish I was there to do a quick taste test :)

Ricky, Bethany and Emmaleigh said...

The cake is beautiful! I'll have to remember this for the future. :)

Diana said...

The cake looked absolutely amazing!!! Those pictures of you and Mikayla are too cute, so sweet :) Being on the other side is definitely different from giving birth!

Caleb's mom said...

I loved the cake! It not only looked amazing but was delish too! Better than any cake I have had made. .. I had some tears from those too.. I can't stand to see people cry without crying.