This week is teacher appreciation week. I have followed through with my plans to send a little something each day. I assembled them all today. They are all very inexpensive but show how much I do appreciate Lance’s teachers. I think I appreciate them a little more because I am a teacher and though I do not need daily pats on the back, it is nice to know that people are thankful. Teachers get too run down with all of the complaints and parents who think you aren’t doing enough that it is wearing on you. I have had some very wonderful parents who have sent lovely emails and letters of appreciation and it is those times that makes me feel that I am in the right profession. They also drown out the many times that teachers get nasty grams about not sending home hats or mittens, there wasn’t a smiley face on the homework, or “can you please reprint the newsletter because my child’s birthday was left off and I just mopped up her puddle of tears”. (Way to go Michelle!) Yes, sounds crazy but I could go on for days. All that aside, teaching is a very rewarding job and I wouldn’t trade it even though I have thought about it on several occasions:)
Just take a moment to say thanks to the teachers in your lives…they deserve it!
Have a Berry Sweet week!
a bottle of white out with the tag “Make no mistake…you’re a great teacher!”
Highlighters with a tag that reads “Great teachers BRIGHTEN up the day!”
Whimsical binder clips and paper clips with a tag that says “Great teachers hold it all together!”
Gift cards are great! This one is for subway with a tag that says “There is no SUBstitute for a great teacher!” (This one would be great for a male teacher)
4 comments:
That is the sweetest thing ever, their teachers will be glad they have your boys for students :)
I love them all! Lance will be the teachers pet! ;)
you are my hero, lol. :) what about a daycare teacher???
you forgot the raw egg, too much celebration, picture day....
Post a Comment