Yesterday was mom’s birthday. We pulled off a great surprise for her. She and dad along with my grandparents have silver slugger tickets to the blue crabs this season. (Those are the senior citizen season tickets) That is a little weird for me to accept and say out loud but that is beside the point:) Anyway, last night’s game was one that they had tickets to so we wouldn’t get to celebrate her BD until the next day or so. Well, I decided to call in a favor from our friend Ashley and it paid off!!! Ashley was able to get us into an empty suite to watch the game. Mom had no idea that Me, JR, and the kids and Nicki, Matteson, and Mikayla were going to be there. We got there a little late and Ashley took us to the suite. Then she went to get Mom, Dad, Mama and Papa and brought them up. Mom was very surprised and we had a great time!! Especially since it was rather cold…we could go inside the suite to watch the game. It was great for the kids!! I’m so glad everything worked out, It was way more than I could have expected. Thanks a million Ashley!!!
I made mom’s favorite…Strawberry cake!!!
Lance was hiding under the table waiting to yell Surprise!
I think she was surprised!
(The pictures are a little dark…my big flash had dead batteries…figures!!)
Watching from the suite…they needed to warm up!
Nicki and I have had those GAP sweatshirts for a million years!!
The kids did plenty of munching on popcorn and peanuts
The crazy blue crabs announcer came into our suite and sang Happy Birthday to Mom:)
and our own private appearance from Pinch. Ryan wasn’t too thrilled and thank goodness Mikayla had already left. She was freaking out about him all night long and he was all the way down on the field:)
It was a great night despite the cold. Happy 49th Mom!! What in the world will we do next year for the BIG 5-0???
(I don’t think she will freak out about me posting her age…she is doing &*%$ good for being 49!!! You go Mom!)
3 comments:
The pics turned out cute, and yes... I love and will never get rid of the old faithful GAP sweatshirt. Everytime I pull it out, Matteson cringes, haha.
Looks like you guys had so much fun! That was an awesome gift!
Looks like your Mom had a great Birthday, you guys are so sweet! Love the matching Gap sweatshirts (I can't laugh though because I totally could have gotten in that picture...same color and everything!)
Post a Comment