Saturday, August 8, 2009

We’re Back:(

As much as I do love home, I was not ready to end vacation. The trip was uneventful until this morning. We were not in any rush to leave so we took our time packing the cars and then we had a nice hearty cracker barrel breakfast to start the trip. We got fully underway about 10:30am. We traveled about 10 miles and Ryan was fussing and pulling at his seat buckles. I asked what was wrong and he said he had to go potty. I immediately thought yeah right, you JUST went. I asked what he had to do thinking he had to do his business. He said “Pee Pee” while basically screaming. We have a car potty for emergencies so I started to take him out of his belt to use the car potty when he started to vomit, Yes Vomit! He is crying and throwing up all over himself and the car seat since I did not have him unbuckled all the way. I was trying to shield the throw up and at the same time comfort him because he is hysterical and I am on the cusp of being hysterical. JR gets on the walkie talkie signaling Matteson that we are pulling over. We get into a parking lot and get him out of the seat. He, the seat, and his beloved puppy are covered in throw up. Where do we start??? I undressed Ryan while the guys tackled the seat. Got him undressed and cleaned up and then my attention was on the puppy. That thing has GOT to be salvaged, he goes hardly anywhere without it. The guys did their best with the seat but it was NOT in useable condition as far as my standards go. Maybe if we were an hour from home we would have managed, but I was not going to drive 8 hours in a closed up car on a 90 degree day with a child sitting in a seat that reeked of vomit………NO NO NO. Wal Mart was 5 miles back toward the hotel so we chucked the seat, his clothes, and the towels we used right in the dumpster. Off to Wal mart we go. On the way Ryan sat in Lance’s seat and Lance buckled regular. Well sure enough Ryan says he now has to do his business and is crying holding his stomach. So I quickly get him out of Lance’s seat and onto the car potty. Nothing going into the potty but he starts to throw up again. I had no towel because we just used them all so what’s a mom to do???? Catch it, yep that’s what I did and rode to Wal Mart carrying throw up. One of my finest moments!  Poor thing I just felt so bad for him. We got into the parking lot, cleaned up a second time while JR went in to buy a new car seat, febreeze, clorox wipes, a trash can, and various other sickness emergency materials. I took Ryan into the Wal Mart bathroom to finish him up and out we came. I had decided if it happened again we would find a hotel and spend another night. I could not handle the drive with a child throwing up without much notice. We didn’t have to do that thank goodness, I think his breakfast just didn’t agree with him. He was fine the rest of the trip. What an ordeal. Nicki did snap some pictures, I have to get them from her. We got underway again at 11:45!!!! An hour and 15 minutes on the road and we made it 10 miles. It’s OK though, at least Ryan was OK.

We had such a great week and there was still so much we could have done. There’s always next year. Since I was not able to post daily I will give a quick summary. I left off with Alligator Adventure and the water park, which was great and definitely something we will do again. Lance has gotten so brave this year and I know Ryan will be up for more next year.

Thursday was girls night out, well supposed to be double date night, but we decided we’d rather hang out with Bret Michaels than our hubbies:) The show was great and Nicki and I had a great time. We got all gussied up and waited in line for about 40 minutes to get in. We ended up having a great view from the balcony and Nicki got a few videos. Hopefully we can figure out how to post those. I looked my best that night. The hot, humid, salty air was not a good mix for my hair. I looked a mess most of the time. I would get all ready and walk outside for 2 seconds and my hair was flat as a board. So frustrating!!!!! Before the concert the girls and kids took pictures with tigers and a monkey. Such a fun experience and of course Pop Pop spent a ton of money on the photos, they were all so cute!

Friday was our last day for beach and pool fun. We spent most mornings out there and then came in for lunch and naps. We could NOT skip the naps, not this year anyway. Mikayla spent her entire vacation napping I think. That girl would not be up an hour and want to go back to sleep. I think she has a beach induced sleeping disorder:) Mom, Nicki, and I left the kiddies with the daddies and Pop Pop to go outlet shopping in the afternoon. To our surprise and luck it was tax free weekend. My mission was school clothes for Lance. I can’t believe I just said that but it’s true. Only 16 more days until he goes off to kindergarten, sniff, sniff. I got him some really hip stuff and some great shoes. I’m really excited for him and sad at the same time but I know it will be great for him. Friday night we went to dinner and more shopping at Broadway. We got a few gifts for those who took care of our house and Sophie while we were gone. It was such a great help. While we were there the kids also rode some carnival rides and Lance got a henna tattoo. He had an airbrush one that was supposed to last a week but it lasted about 48 hours at the most. The henna is supposed to last 3-4 weeks. We’ll see. He wanted one around his arm like daddy. Uncle matt said he would take him at 17 to get a real one, I’m not so sure. Maybe if he agrees to get “Mom” on his body somewhere, Ha.

Again, Vacation was the best and we already are looking forward to next year. The kids are getting more fun each year! It is almost 10:30 and I am beat so I will post all of the great pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

griffinx5 said...

just what do you mean but "some great shoes"? HOW MANY?