Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back to the Grind

Well today was my official first day of the school year. It was nothing less than BUSY. Meetings, eating, catching up with fellow teachers, and of course trying to sort out my tornado of a classroom. It wasn’t that bad but I do have piles everywhere and my ADD kicked in big time. As I was putting construction paper away in the cabinet I ran out of room so when I opened the cabinet I wanted to put the rest in it had to be reorganized. The overflow from that cabinet needed to go into the closet and when I went in there it needed reorganization so everything would fit. I had a million projects going at once. Tomorrow is county meetings so I won’t be at school. I am presenting the new curriculum that my team and I worked on over the summer. I am stressing a little and will probably go to school afterward to tie up loose ends because orientation is Thursday morning. I have to make sure the parent packets are ready and all my ducks are in a row. I wish I could fast forward to October and all of the craziness would be over. I always make it through somehow!!

JR and I went kayaking on Sunday. We had a good time. I will post pictures once grandma sends them to me. Tomorrow is Lance’s last day at Ms. Nyanda’s. He will still be able to go occasionally when school is closed but I have to work. That will be nice for him to spend some time with her and his friends again. We took her gift to her today and thank goodness she waited until after I was gone to open it. I didn’t want to mess up my make up before the first day:) We gave her a picture frame with 2 pictures and a touching poem, also a gift card to Bonefish Grill for her and Tsaka to enjoy together. Really there is no gift to say how much we have appreciated their care for Lance for these past 4 1/2 years. He has truly had the best start to his personal/social and brain development that he could have possibly been given. At least Ryan is still there, I will be a pure mess the day he leaves her care and heads off to school.

Here are the pictures and poem, get some tissues:)

IMG_4177

DSC_1095 

“Whose Child is This?”

“Whose child is this?” I asked one day
seeing a little one out to play
“Mine,” said the parent with a tender smile
mine to keep a little while.
To bathe his hands and comb his hair
to tell him what he is to wear.
To prepare him that he may always be good
and each day do the things he should.”

“Whose child is this?” I asked again
as the door opened and someone came in
“Mine,” said the teacher with the same tender smile
“Mine, to keep for a little while.
To teach him how to be gentle and kind
to train and direct his dear little mind.
To help him live by every rule
and get the best he can from school.”

“Whose child is this?” I asked once more
Just as the little one entered the door
“Ours,” said the parent and the teacher as they smiled
and each took a hand of the little child.
“Ours to love and train together,
ours this blessed task forever.”

For taking a hand in raising our son from an infant to now ready for school, We will forever be grateful!

Thank you,

Jennifer, JR, and Lance Gimmel

No comments: