Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My daytime “Home”

This is where I will be spending most of my time from now until June. I take a lot of pride in this room because I work very hard on making it a warm and inviting environment for students. A lot of learning and fun take place here. I put a lot of time, effort, money, sweat, and even tears into this place. Excuse the piles, it is still in the process of becoming organized. I will post pictures of it when it is tidy next week.

IMG_4183

Calendar and Weather board

IMG_4184

Counting, color of the week, shape of the week, what doesn’t belong? and Patterns. All a part of morning circle time.

IMG_4185

Block area in the left corner and science area on the right. Table will be for seating and also the playhouse center.

IMG_4186

Computer center and seating table. Table is also the math center. Pocket charts on the back wall are the ABC center.

IMG_4187

Fine motor center

IMG_4188

Behavior trains. As long as everyone behaves their train stays on the track. When they are naughty their train has to move to the different consequence stations on the front drawers. We will know in the first few days which trains will frequent the consequence stations:)

IMG_4189

Birthday display, this door leads into our bathroom

IMG_4190

Dramatic play area, this area transforms into a grocery store, flower shop, ice cream parlor, beauty salon, and other fun things throughout the year.

IMG_4191

More seating and the sand/water table in the back. We also have a full kitchen for cooking activities. Even nicer for making our own lunch!!

IMG_4192

More seating, gosh that’s a lot of chairs. We will need them all since we will have 25 kids in each class!!!!! They use lockers for storage of book bags and coats. The shelf on the right is carpet toys and the music cabinet for circle time.

No comments: