For those who may not know, I have had a rough year at school. Tough kids, large class sizes, and many other obstacles that I have no control over. I have shed many tears and have resigned to the fact that I can only do my best in the situation I have been handed. I received the following email from a wonderful parent of one of my students. He is one of our special needs students and has made GREAT progress through last year and so far this year. His mom is wonderful and always makes me feel appreciated. She just sent each one of the teachers adorable Halloween soaps from bath and body works. Gifts for Halloween, how nice! One of the things we are working very hard on is going poop in the potty, a BIG step for this child. I sent home a book that we had in the classroom in hopes that it would help. This is what mom said…
By the way, the "Potty, Poo-Poo, Wee-Wee" book is going well. He is still not pooping in the potty, but he loves to the read the story...everyday, sometimes 3 times a day! You will be glad to know that you are a character in the book. When we get to the page where Teachersaurus explains that Littlesaurus will use the potty in his own good time........., he calls her Ms "Gimmelsaurus"! You will now be remembered fondly on the pages of dinosaur potty book :)
It is little things like this that make me remember why I chose this job and make it all worth while!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment