Well I forgot to say that yesterday before dinner I got the kids all dressed up and planned to leave a little early and take them over to Smallwood state park and take fall photos. Well just as we were getting ready to go it came a down pour, photo session cancelled. Today was the most beautiful day even if it was a bit on the chilly side so I decided that right after church I would try it again. All was a success. I got some beautiful pictures and just got done editing a bunch. We did have a small tragedy as we were leaving the park. The pictures were finished and we were buckled in the car and headed out when I passed a pretty split rail fence that had a gorgeous yellow tree in the background. So I threw the car in park and hopped out with the kids. Just a couple more boys, I said. Took a few standing then sat them up on the top rail to get a few more. Snapped the last picture and the kids were fooling around a bit when Ryan began to fall. I lunged forward to catch him but missed. He hit the ground right at the edge of the road. He screamed of course and I snatched him up to comfort him and noticed his chin bleeding and his mouth full of dirt. As I tried to clean him off he opened his mouth and I GASPED as I saw his front tooth had chipped. I was mortified and more upset than he was. Called JR in a panic and then my dad when JR didn’t pick up. I immediately called 411 and got connected to Neibauer Dental Care in Waldorf. Basically told them I was on my way and to fit me in. We got there and they took x rays and said everything looked fine. She said they could fix it but because of his age they weren’t comfortable so we have to call his dentist ASAP in the morning and get him in tomorrow. They can put a small filling on it and hopefully make it look normal again. It wouldn’t be so bad but it is his front tooth and he has the most beautiful teeth ever. I am crushed. Why in the heck did I need a picture on that damn split rail fence. I could just die. I’ll keep you posted on the dentist tomorrow. Here are my beautiful boys in the meantime:)
Boy they are bad but the most gorgeous kids I’ve ever seen:) And here is my poor Ryan. I cry every time I look at these smiles and then this…
1 comment:
Those are SO good ... and his tooth doesn't look bad at all. Actually fits his personality ;).
Post a Comment