Well it's obvious that I'm back to work. Only posting on the weekends!! I will try to get better. This week was a killer. I worked late almost every day still trying to keep up with beginning of the year demands and we had open house one night. Lance had T ball 2 nights this week and finally last night I came home on time and we vegged all evening. I was exhausted. JR was working so we ate dinner, got baths and into PJ's, then layed in my bed and watched Milo and Otis. It was nice to do nothing for a change and the kids were really good. Maybe they could sense my lack of energy.
Today there is no real plans. I do have to go shopping at some point and buy new jeans. I tried on all of my pants the other night and was only able to keep about 3 pairs, the rest were too big. One one hand that is a great problem to have, but on the other now I have to go buy a whole new wardrobe and buying pants is always a challenge no matter what size I am!! My back end is wider than my waist so everything gaps in the waist, ughh. I have bought a few new fall tops and all in size medium. I don't remember the last time I bought medium shirts, it is exciting. Should be an interesting shopping trip.
I don't have any pictures but will tomorrow. Our church is having our annual car show and JR and I may go to the blue crabs stadium tomorrow evening for the Down Syndrome awareness walk. I have a returning student this year with down syndrome and have had others in the past. His mother invited me and I think it would be a great thing to do. Working with children who have special needs has been one of the best experiences for me. Although it is very challenging at times it is also rewarding. I have grown to love them no matter what their needs are and it has opened my eyes to the challenges that some parents face on a daily basis compared to me and the other teachers who only have these children 2 1/2 hours a day. It makes me truly thankful for all that God has blessed me with in Lance and Ryan. Their naughtiness and behaviors that we deal with are NOTHING compared to what some parents are faced with.
Have a great Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment