Sunday, June 14, 2009

T Ball Picnic

The picnic today was a success. Great turn out and the weather was beautiful. Warm but not humid and so nice in the shade. The kids had a great time and Lance received his first sports trophy. He was thrilled and proceeded to show it to everyone individually once we got to Nana's. After the picnic we spent the remainder of the day in the pool. We are home now, the boys are in the tub and we are all going to sleep good.


Relaxing in the shade


Cake is always the best part!

Lance receiving his trophy from coach Kelly

Proud as a peacockFor those of you who check in on us.....I am in need of prayer. I received a call on Friday from a friend at church and she said that Indian Head Elementary is going to have an opening for a pre-k teacher next year. This just came about in the last few days, much. While I should be jumping for joy I am really in a tough spot. Moving to IH was in my plans I just wasn't ready for it to be this exact moment although it probably is the perfect moment since Lance will start kindergarten there this year. The special ed teacher I have worked with for 3 years is moving to Alabama due to her husband being in the Army and I had made up my mind that I would not leave at the same time as her. That would leave our 2 assistants with 2 new teachers at the same time. The 4 of us have had a great bond over these last 3 years and it is hard enough having to let one go but now possibly 2. I know that I have to do what is best for me and my family but it is hard. I did contact HR and ask that my name be added to the transfer list so that I will have the opportunity to interview for the job. I will then have to see if it is offered to me and then be faced with a decision. There are so many pros to moving. Lance will go to school there and I will be so close, it is an all day program so only 20 kids versus the 51 I had this year, and many others. It is just hard to make a change out of a comfort zone into the unknown. I have never toiled over a job like this one, I have moved schools plenty of times, I guess it is just because I truly enjoy the ladies I work with and hate to leave them in a tough spot. I have been praying that God will lead me to do what is in his plan, please pray too:)

1 comment:

Bree said...

Your blog looks great! Tell your mom she can finally check mine and I will try to be more timely in the future!