Today was a great day! Too bad it wasn't warmer though. I never thought I would say that but the kids were so geared up to get in the pool, they did anyway even though the water was freezing. We spent the afternoon at Mom's eating crabs, and plenty of stuff to go with them. The dads were happy!! I am so lucky to have a great dad and to have married a man who is a great dad! Raising boys for JR is going to be different than raising Nicki and I was for my dad but he did a great job and I know JR will do the same with our boys. Dad's play such an important role in our lives and I am thankful that my dad was such an active part of my life. Dad has been a great example in mine and Nicki's life and we have chosen men who display the same qualities as him. My family is the best and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Tomorrow is our anniversary so we went out last night to celebrate. Lance and Ryan were gone overnight. We went to Olive Garden and came home to order a movie on demand. Exciting I know but we thought so. It was kind of nice being able to wait 30 minutes for a table and then have adult conversation over dinner and wine. Yes, we drank the whole bottle!! We have been married 7 years and it has gone by in a blink. We have accomplished a lot in 7 years. We both have good careers, we have 2 beautiful boys, we have added onto our starter home making it suitable for a family of 4, I have finished my master's degree, and most importantly we still love each other as much if not more than we did before we were married. Being with the same person for so long doesn't get old it gets better! I hope the next 7 and beyond can bring us as much happiness as the past 7.
Mommy and Ryan
JR and his boys

Dad, Nicki, and I

Ryan begging me to get in the pool.
No way...It was too cold!

The 3 amigos!
Dad had 2 girls and eventually got 2 sons
No comments:
Post a Comment