Thursday, July 31, 2008

I made it through surgery

Well yesterday was my surgery to remove the lump off of my neck. I arrived at the hospital at 10am and schedueld for 12noon. The doctor had an emergency so I was pushed back 2 hours. That was fine other than the fact that I was STARVING. Mom and JR were with me the whole time, other than their outing for lunch. I told them to eat it all while they were out...not to bring back any leftovers, Ha. I got pretty bored because their was no TV in my little prep room. Only JR to entertain us which he did. You would have thought he was the doctor, supervising every minute. My blood pressure, the IV drip, everything. He should have been a doctor. Once I was taken back to the OR they gave me the sedation and I thought my hand was going to burn, don't know why but that was the last thing I remember. I woke up in recovery with an oxygen mask attached to my face. Was only in recovery for 20 minutes then I went back to where JR and Mom were waiting. I got dressed and we came home. All I could think about was food, not unusual for me:) JR said he would get me whatver I wanted...I had alot of ideas, Nachos, Outback cheese fries, chicken nuggets, and spaghetti. I finally decided on spaghetti and mom made it for me when we got home. She's the best:) I am doing well today, a little sore and still very tired. I did get sick this morning but I think it was becuase I took the tylenol 3 before I had any breakfast. I am just now feeling up to being out of bed and it's 4pm. Better get ready because my little indians will be home soon. Mom took some pictures but we are having email trouble, I will post them when I get them.

No comments: