Thursday, August 11, 2011

Vacation Bible School

This week has been VBS at church. Thank the Lord that I have felt good enough to lead the music and be the director. I have prayed hard that God would get me through this week and he has once again proved his presence.

Our theme is “Hometown Nazareth, where Jesus was a kid”. We have had a small group but an enthusiastic one and I feel real good about it. Here are just a few pictures of the first night.

DSC_3304

DSC_3328

Lance and I leading worship

I am so proud of him that he actually is doing it with me. I had my doubts that stage fright would set in but he has done great. I think I was more nervous than him. After all, the only people I sing and dance in front of are 4 and 5 year olds and they think I’m an American idol:)

DSC_3360

DSC_3371

Pop Pop in the carpentry shop teaching Lance how to drill like the did way back when.

Never thought I’d see the day that dad put on a bathrobe in public and do an art activity with kids!! Guess that’s what being a Pop Pop will do to you:)

DSC_3379

Ryan and Mikayla with hammers. yikes!!!

I’ll share more at the end of the week.