Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back to the norm…almost:)

Well I think that we are on our way to being back to our norm since all the natural disasters have passed!!! School finally started today and the boys were beyond excited. Ryan went to kindergarten and Lance to second grade. It still seems weird for me to say that. I of course stayed home for a bit to see them off and to make sure they arrived safely!! Lance was not thrilled at taking pictures but I told him that I will do it every year for the next 10 years or more so just get used to it!! They both had a great day and got off the bus this afternoon all smiles.

DSC_3690

I just love their monogrammed back packs!! Their shirts said, I have a black belt in being awesome:) Love it!!

DSC_3692

Their back packs were over loaded and as big as they are

DSC_3713

DSC_3716

DSC_3718

Last Friday night they both belt tested at Karate for their yellow belts. They both did a great job!!! Mommy missed it because we went to women of faith but daddy took pictures.

DSC_3656

DSC_3664

DSC_3670

And…last but not least, the kitchen is coming along!!!! The cabinets are half installed and I am thrilled. Here are some pics before the cabinets and I will post the after tomorrow once they are done. The countertops won’t be here until Friday but I am so glad to see some progress!! Dad and JR have been working all weekend and yesterday, they are doing great!

DSC_3682

DSC_3684

DSC_3687

The kids insisted on being under the house with JR and dad while they worked on the plumbing. This picture is from the door way. They wanted me to come in and see what was going on and I refused!!!! Under the house with dirt and critters is not my cup of tea!          

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Glad they both had a good first day!! The kitchen is coming along great... I need to come see it in person!

Caleb's mom said...

I cant wait to see the finished kitchen!!

Grandma Rison said...

They look so cute all ready for school. Growing up too fast for me. I missed going to the bus stop to see them off. Cute picture taken under the house. Jaxon will be joining in their ventures before we know it. Kitchen is looking good. I want to see it soon.

The Marsh's said...

Ryan's bookbag looks SO big on his tiny little body! Can't wait to see the kitchen when its all done!!