Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Earth Shakes

Today was a recorded 5.9 earthquake up and down the east coast. I figured I better blog about it so that when I ever get this thing printed we can read about it. This is probably the only one we will ever experience. What a strange thing!! I was at school working, the kids were with friends, and JR was working on our kitchen. We immediately touched base after it happened and determined everyone was alright and life went back to normal. I am thankful it was as mild as it was and that life goes on. Never thought we would ever have such a thing in Maryland but we did! It was a very surreal experience.

1 comment:

ROBINSNAPSALOT said...

it is a very weird thing. to sit there for a few minutes trying to put your finger on why in the heck your car is shaking back and forth .... of course my six year old yelled earthquake, while i was still looking arounf the parking lot trying to determine the cause!