Where will we be?
I will be 70, JR 72, Lance 47, and Ryan 45.
How many grandchildren? Great grandchildren?
Will the boys and their families be near or far? Near I hope!!
Where will they remember as home??
These questions go through my mind too often. I can’t live in the now for worrying about the future. The one thing I can say is that I hope we live here or at least close to here. This is the only house the boys know as home so far and one that I think they will always have memories of whether we move one day or not. In 40 years whether this house belongs to us, one of the boys, one of our grandchildren, or a perfect stranger, when they decide that the kitchen is once again outdated and tear it out they shall see how thrilled we were to have it!
I wrote this in between some 2x4 studs in the kitchen. I think I’ll tape a picture of our family as a sort of time capsule. I have enjoyed seeing the things that were left in these walls as we tear things out so I want to leave something too:)
3 comments:
I love this idea - hard to think where everyone will be in 40 years! I bet we're all still in Indian Head though, haha.
Such a sweet idea!!
That's so cool! I wish we would have thought to do that to our bathroom. When we gutted it, Nick actually found an old sapphire ring, I think I'm gonna get it checked out to see if it's worth anything :)
Post a Comment