Well I am a bit behind posting about our camping adventure but I have been glued to the TV awaiting the verdict in the Casey Anthony trial. I just have to say that I am shocked and appalled that a jury of our peers have allowed a human being to get away with murder of a child. I have followed the case closely and there was more than enough evidence to convict her of something more than lying to police. I feel sick inside and just terrible for that sweet little girl. Her life was taken away from her not by accident but at the hands of another human being and that person will walk amongst us one day soon. I pray that Casey and her defense team will indeed pay for their actions on the ultimate judgment day!
Ok, now on to camping. We had a good trip despite the heat. We made it work and found ways to keep cool. We did survive 2 big storms without getting wet!! Thank you lord for holding up our tents:) The pictures will narrate our trip.
Soon after arriving the first order of business was setting up our houses!
Ta Da!!!
Queen sized air mattress and cots for sleeping
We ate well, almost better than when we are at home!!
Hamburgers with pasta salad and chips for the first night
Eggs, bacon, and toast for breakfast
BBQ chicken, corn, and noodles
Pancakes and sausage
Steak, potatoes, squash and zuchinni as a finale!!
There were plenty of smore’s and jiffy pop every night!
and plenty of games and fun!!
the jumping pillows
sword fighting
the playground
a game of washers
checkers
lance wore out the waterslide
Ryan loved the water spouts at the pool
why does he always have something draped over his head???
SEVERAL games of UNO
The game room
and…miniature golf! (the course wasn’t very good but they liked it anyway!)
The worst part of the day was early afternoon when the sun was so hot so we found ways to stay cool. We went to the pool of course and then on Sunday we went into the caverns where it is a constant 54 degrees!!!
Mom’s battery operated fan worked well too:)
strips of bacon in the caverns
the fried eggs were the only thing you could touch, everything else was illegal to touch!
The kids got glass bottle drinks….. I think we may have a problem out of Ryan in a few years!!!
He was chugging that root beer pretty good!!
All in all it was a great time, we even booked sites for October. The heat won’t be an issue then. It actually got cold at night!!! The mosquitoes were not bad at all, in fact I think between all of us we only got one or two bites. It was the flies that were the worst. We will be prepared for them next time. So here’s to our second camping trip, one day maybe we will be in a nice luxurious camper reminiscing about the days when we were young and dumb camping out in tents!! :)
3 comments:
Looks like such a fun trip! With lots of yummy food!!
that made me really hungry! looks like a really fun time.
Looked like it was fun hope you have a fun time at the beach!
Post a Comment