Sunday, August 29, 2010

Women of Faith

This weekend 5 of us girls attended the annual Women of Faith conference in DC. I had been once before and it is amazing. The music is phenomenal and the speakers are brilliant. We had a great time.

God reveals himself to us everyday, we just aren’t good at noticing those moments. At least I’m not anyway. He revealed himself to us this weekend and if we missed it then shame on us!!! I spoke this morning and shared the story of our weekend that could have turned out disastrous but it turned out amazing.

When we arrived at our Hotel in the midst of rushing to get our bags and turn the car over to the valet, I reached to close the hatch on my car and brought it slamming down on my head. After a moment of being stunned and close to knocked out, we laughed about the situation. Until…Mandi called attention to the fact that I was bleeding and at that moment I could feel warm liquid running down my neck. I immediately panicked and began to over react!! We got into the lobby and sat down while Nicki and Brandy dabbed my head and mom was still trying to check in. There were tons of people walking by and just looking. One man stopped and asked if he could help or get some ice. He did go and get me some ice which was very nice. In hind sight, his daughter had witnessed the whole thing and told her dad that I needed help and he delivered.

We were able to check in and I didn’t have time to shower but merely get what blood I could out of my hair. We went to the Verizon center and had a great night. I took 2 pills that Nicki gave me for the head ache and they did the trick. It wasn’t until later that I discovered that it was maybe because she gave me 2 800mg Motrin tablets that I took at the same time!!!!! Oh well, it didn’t kill me.

Saturday’s session was just as great and we planned to leave at 4 so we could get back to the hotel and get our car out of valet by 5pm. Well break time was at 3:30 and the conference was going to start again at 4:05 so we decided to go ahead and leave. When we got back and was waiting for the valet I felt someone touch me. When I looked up it was the man who had gotten me the ice and he was asking if I was OK. He had his wife and daughters with him and they had been at the Republican rally that day. There we were together again on the sidewalk…the sidewalk we weren’t supposed to be on for another 40 minutes of we had of left at 4:00. It was amazing. I told him I was fine and how grateful I was that he helped us. After all, the 4 people that were with me didn’t even think to get ice:) He said his daughter was very concerned about me all night and that they had prayed for me. His wife asked if my name was Jennifer and I said yes. Her daughter had remembered it from all the chaos and Brandy saying to my mom, “Jennifer is Bleeding.” I’m positive that they called me by name in their prayer. I gave both girls hugs and again said THANK YOU! That moment gave me the opportunity to thank them and also gave their daughter peace that I was fine.

We talked about it all the way home and if that isn’t God revealing himself, I don’t know what is. There were so many things that seemed to try and take our focus off of why we were there and in the end God was there, big as life.

We are going to Women of Faith again next year and I encourage anyone who is interested to GO. It is wonderful!! 

3 comments:

The Marsh's said...

This post brought tears to my eyes! I was there to witness the whole thing, but seeing it in writing made it seem even more special. Had such a great time this weekend, can't wait for next year!!

Liz said...

Wow! That is amazing. Glad you all had a great time. :)

griffinx5 said...

Glad you are OK. I Love Women of Faith and am supposed to go in September if ball does not get in the way. BTW: Friday night my check engine light came on and I went to get it checked out Saturday morning before we left for Atlanta (4 hr trip). Found the problem and my dad and I (really my dad) changed the part and off we went with no problems. I had asked for traveling prayers and the fact that it happened Friday night instead of on the road was a "God thing" and the fact that it was an easy fix!