Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Magical Day

Magic Kingdom did not disappoint by any means. It is amazing and magical in true Disney fashion. The kids had a wonderful day with only a few meltdowns which is good considering we were there for 11 hours!! The ride waits were pretty reasonable and the fast pass feature is a must do! Too bad the rides only lasted 5 minutes or so:( It was a nice mixture of outdoor and indoor attractions as well which was also a must since it was 110 degrees. I may be exaggerating that a bit but it was definitely HOT! Between the 4 of us we drank 8 bottles of water plus some gatorade and soda with meals.We only had to use the bathroom twice all day!! The shows and parades are top notch and it is so neat to see all of the characters and princess’ too.

Ryan’s favorite part of the day was the many adventures of Winnie the pooh and the light parade followed by fireworks. Cinderella’s castle lights up at night and he kept saying, “Mommy that is such a beautiful castle”. It was really sweet.

Lance’s favorite moments were the Winnie the pooh ride (I am surprised that this was so popular) Peter Pan’s flight, and Buzz Light Year’s space ranger spin. Lance saw the light parade but fell asleep before the fireworks. I tried to wake him but that wasn’t happening. He is my little sleepy head!

I am compiling a list of Disney do’s and don’ts based on our experiences, I will post them at the end of our trip. My only compliant about magic kingdom was the amount of time it takes to get from the parking lot to the park and the rude people pushing and shoving on the tram. It was really absurd. There should be better control. The masses of people at the parade and fireworks at the end of the day made me very nervous and Closter phobic but we made it out ahead of the rush. I think we will surely try another time of year the next time we come.

Here are pictures of our day…which started out on the wrong foot. I forgot my memory card here at the condo!!! JR had to buy one, thank goodness they had some!! I took so many pictures of the castle it is a bit much but it was just so beautiful. the pictures really do not do it justice.

DSC_6996

DSC_7000

DSC_7020

DSC_7022

DSC_7031

DSC_7037

DSC_7049

DSC_7057

DSC_7059

DSC_7060

Funny story about fairy Godmother…she was waving right at ME!! In fact right after this she mouthed to me from the float, “Is he a fireman?” She was pointing at JR, she could see his tattoo from the parade. I nodded yes and told JR to look at her. She mouthed, “Thank you with her hand on her heart and saluted him a few times. It was pretty cool!

DSC_7082

DSC_7088

DSC_7096

DSC_7099

DSC_7101

There is a cable from the top of the castle and at the end of the fireworks tinker bell flies down from the castle. It was so neat!

DSC_7106

This is what the end of a Disney day looks like:) Ryan was still going strong…anyone surprised??      

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time...wish we could be there too :). Miss my boys!!

The Marsh's said...

Wow, your pictures are coming out so good, I felt like I was really there for a second! Back to reality...work...blah.

Unknown said...

Soo happy that you guys are having a "magical" time. The pics are great. Thanks for the updates.