Today was the first day of school for Lance. I feel like it was just yesterday we were doing the same things last year on his first day of kindergarten. This time though, he woke up today as a first grader!!! We spent the morning getting the right clothes and making sure all his supplies and lunch were packed and ready. He boarded the bus with no problems and of course mommy and daddy had to go watch him get off of the bus and walk him to class. It was again emotional for me because this time he sat in a desk which was equipped with composition notebooks, folders, and a math text book. A text book??? Really??? In first grade??? He is not my baby anymore but growing up to be such a big boy, doing big boy “schoolish” things. Where has the time gone?? And to think…I may (hopefully) get to do it again in a couple of weeks and send Ryan off to Pre K. I think that day will be a gully washer for me:)
This is his embarrassed look:) He better get used to it because I am going to meet him at school until the 5th grade whether he likes it or not!!
Previewing his math book:)
After school today, I asked how his day was and wanted to hear all of the great things about first grade. Lance was a bit disappointed.
Me: “So, How’s my first grader?”
Lance: “Your first grader is tired! There is NO rest time, and NO snack!”
I laughed hysterically. I will have to pack and extra snack for lunch time and he will most definitely be asleep on the way to get Ryan from day care.
Here is a flash back of Lance on the first day of kindergarten last year.
2 comments:
I was thinking the same thing, "again, already, didn't I just see these pictures?" They do grow up quick! Hope YOU had a good first day back too.
Wow, that picture of him with his embarassed look just gave me a glimpse into what he will look like as a teenager! He looks SO grown up!! Hope you both had a great first day back at school!
Post a Comment