Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow Day 2

Today has been much of nothing. Well except for the trip to Toys ‘R Us this morning with Matteson. Yes, I know……crazy. Well we have been looking for a power wheels for Ryan’s BD and I had an email last night that there was one on sale today only, in store only... of course. I coerced Matteson into driving me over there to get it. I saved $150 on it!!! It is a 2 seater with mega traction wheels. He will love it. It is my life goal to make his birthday special and for his gift not to be over shadowed by Christmas. His party is going to be pretty amazing too. He is head over heels still about the Magic School Bus so we are having a Magic School bus party of course. I have arranged for a friend who is a bus driver to come and pick Ryan and his friends up at our house after watching “The Magic School Bus gets Baked into a Cake” and take us to tour the Safeway bakery as a field trip on the real bus! The bakery is going to show us how they make bread and decorate Ryan’s cake for us to take home. The bus trip is a surprise and I cannot wait.

When I got back from the store I dressed the kids in their snow gear and we headed to the back yard to play. Ryan whined most of the time that he was “cold and fweezing” and Lance enjoyed watching me attempt to build an igloo. I didn’t finish so maybe daddy can pick up where I left off tomorrow. We came in and had lunch and baked cookies then to bed for a nap. Nana came over this evening and we had dinner. Now they are in the playroom and I am blogging. I think I will make some mixed Christmas CD’s as gifts. One of my favorite movies in on TV tonight…Wedding Crashers!!! I will watch and wrap presents after the boys are fast asleep:)

IMG_5279

IMG_5281

IMG_5283

IMG_5286

IMG_5293

IMG_5296

IMG_5302

IMG_5306

Beautiful Faces

IMG_5309

IMG_5310

IMG_5316

The beginning of my igloo…Not to shabby!

IMG_5317

Path from the back door, it just amazes me still how deep it is.

IMG_5319

Yum-O

1 comment:

griffinx5 said...

Cannot believe how much snow-still! The party sounds too cute wish I could see their faces when the bus pulls up! Doing gingerbread houses today so I will have pictures....was dying yesterday- headache to beat the band!