Thursday, December 24, 2009

2nd Annual “Cookies for Santa” Party

Last night was my second time having a Cookies for Santa party. It was so much fun last year that I did it again and this year was just as great. BIG turnout:) I baked lots of sugar cookie cutouts and some house cut outs for the kids to decorate. We had pizza for starters, arts and crafts, and of course icing and sprinkles galore! The party has been and will always be on the 23rd of December so the cookies are fresh for Santa, and IH fire department comes around with Santa on the fire truck every year. This year, they skipped our street!!!!! Yes, we had 8 kids under the age of 6 waiting for Santa and he didn’t come. Thank goodness Ms. Karen was here and got Santa on the horn and directed him to our house:) The kids were so excited and we had a great time, save the date kiddos for next year!

DSC_3619

DSC_3622

“Mommy I want to do it!”

DSC_3621

DSC_3625

DSC_3628

DSC_3632

DSC_3631

Doing a little more eating than decorating:)

DSC_3641

DSC_3639

DSC_3634

DSC_3656

Waiting for Santa take 1

DSC_3671

Came in for playtime while we tracked down Santa

DSC_3659

Take 2

DSC_3679

DSC_3684

Daddy was more impatient than the kids:)

DSC_3685

Finally here he comes!

DSC_3686

Yay!!!!!

Our neighbor Brian let me borrow his bigger flash for my camera, wow…what a difference. We will definitely be getting one of those soon. I hated to give it back:) He has a master’s in photography, I will be tapping into his expertise for sure!

No comments: