Tuesday, December 22, 2009

3 more days until Christmas!!!

Today has been another cozy day. We did venture out this morning to Wal-Mart and to get Lance’s hair cut. He was getting pretty shaggy:) No real big shopping just household stuff as usual. I did pick up my last gift from the photo counter, I am thrilled. We had a late breakfast at chick-fil-a and the Santa cow was there. The boys and I had our picture taken with him. Ryan liked him from afar but had his face buried in my arm during the picture. He is so hit or miss with stuff like that. When we got home the kids have been snuggled up watching the polar express and I have been baking sugar cookie cut outs. Tomorrow night I am having some of Lance and Ryan’s friends over to decorate cookies for Santa. I had this party last year and it was so much fun we are doing it again. Maybe it will be one of our family traditions. It was on the 23rd last year and will be again on the 23rd this year. It is also the night that IH fire department brings Santa around on the fire truck. It is a nice touch and the kids love it. Lance and Daddy just went out to do some sticking shopping for me and Ryan and I are going to take a little nap and then head out for more snow tubing. We are certainly getting our fill of this snow.

IMG_5323

IMG_5336

There is so little magic left in the world that I am glad Santa brings so much joy to our family. I remember as a kid anxiously awaiting Santa’s arrival, I never could stay awake long enough. As soon as my eyes opened in the morning and my feet hit the floor, to open the bedroom door and see ALL those presents. 2 piles, one for me and one for Nicki. Our faces would light up and we knew we had to wake mom and dad. Their joy was lacking at times since the hour was usually early, dad would even try to convince us to get in their bed just until the sun came up. It never worked. Out to the living room we would go and begin unwrapping. Santa always wrapped most of our gifts. Our big items would be sitting out on display, the play kitchen, doll stroller, or bike we had asked for. We have video of Christmas morning and the time reads 3:43am on some. Whew, Lance and Ryan don’t get up that early but I am usually awake waiting for them to hit the floor running with video camera in tow. The wonderful magic of Santa will always be a part of our Christmas traditions because we BELIEVE!

We are also thankful for and celebrate the real reason for Christmas, Jesus. I am glad to live in a country where we can believe in the truths of the bible and the story of Christmas even though there are many who don’t. We display our Christmas tree, lights, and nativity with pride and will for many years to come!

IMG_5337   

New addition to my tree, couldn’t resist since it was 60% off!

IMG_5326

I love adding gifts under the tree, Giving is such a wonderful thing!

No comments: