God blessed our family with Ryan Michael Gimmel. Born Dec. 28th 2005 at 4:20am. He weighed 7 pounds 3 oz, the “little” baby I wanted so badly. Lance only weighed 8 pounds 3.3 oz. but he grew immediately into a little man and I didn’t feel like he stayed a baby too long. He rolled over at 10 weeks, etc. He was a man on a mission. Ryan on the other hand was content to stay little and still is. He only weighs 29 pounds now and likes to be held like a baby at times. He wears a 3T and is 37 1/4 inches tall. He is 1/2 inch SHORTER than Lance measured at 2 years and 4months old. Amazing I know. He gets his height from me and Pop Pop….sorry Ryan!
Ryan’s life was rough at the beginning, he seemed to be cursed with all of the infant turmoil's that could be had, Reflux and colic were the worst. He only nursed for a month because I just wasn’t sure he was getting what he needed because he cried ALL the time. After switching to formula I regretted not continuing to nurse because we went through about 4 different formulas ad finally ended up with the one that cost $25 a can every 4 days!!! At that point any amount of money was worth him not being miserable and us in turn. Luckily God was watching out for us because all of this was occurring while we were living with Mom and Dad during our remodel. Mom might beg to differ but many nights she would relieve us of a crying baby for an hour or two just so we could get Lance settled down and ourselves for that matter. Finally Ryan was put on Zantac at 4 months and grew into a happy baby.
Despite the rough start he has brought us so much joy and we often look at him and just smile. He is bad don’t get me wrong, but it is so hard to stay upset with him because he is so darn cute. He will often say, “Mommy you happy at me?” How can I say No?? He says and does the funniest things and is smart as a whip. He spontaneously read the words CAR WASH the other day as we were driving down the road. It is not one that we see often so he was able to recognize the letter configurations and read it. I was so proud. He has surpassed many of the students in my class at school already and he is a complete year and more behind them in age. God has blessed us with 2 great kids and I am thankful!
He has always had the most kissable lips ever!
We had a great day at Pump It Up
That thing is faster than it looks!!
Lunch at Red Robin
Lance is such a goof ball!
Ice cream at Carvel…and to get his BD cake, yum!
Look at that face, he is SO ready for T-Ball!
Is that not the cutest pair of cleats??
Wouldn’t be complete without his first Under Armor
Ryan just loves Mama, he runs her ragged when she’s around. He knows she will do ANYTHING he asks:)
I never get tired of being surrounded by family
My Rock Star!
I can’t wait to post pictures of his party, the weather better NOT mess it up!!!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Ryan!
Post a Comment