Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween has come and gone

Another year of Halloween fun is over, Ryan has already asked when it will be Halloween again. Ahh, time concept is such a difficult thing. The kids had a great time last night. They played games, took a hayride, and of course trick or treated from car to car. That is such a grand idea, one stop shopping!! Today we dumped out all their goodies and they selected what they liked and put it in their own buckets. WE threw out any yucky stuff or opened pieces and anything they didn’t want to keep I put in a container for us, although we can’t be digging into it too often!!

DSC_2665

Full costumes

The mustaches only lasted about 30 seconds after this picture

DSC_2666

DSC_2668

DSC_2669

Lance agreed to have a drawn mustache but he smudged it and wanted it washed off, oh well!

DSC_2679

DSC_2681

DSC_2684

Ryan loading up! The child would only pick lollipops, he would dig around in the candy bins until he found one. We have about 30 lollipops!

DSC_2694

DSC_2700

On the hayride, Mikayla and Ryan wouldn’t look for watching Pop Pop

DSC_2711

Pop Pop and the kiddos

Notice Ryan’s mouth, He was making a sound effect for the tractor:)

DSC_2718 DSC_2721

DSC_2730

DSC_2731

DSC_2732

 

Trick or Treating

The kids got so many comments on their costumes:)

DSC_2740

DSC_2746

DSC_2749

DSC_2750

DSC_2752

DSC_2753

DSC_2772

Sherriff Rex Coffey was giving out candy too!

DSC_2775

DSC_2777

This is the closest to a costume I could get JR in!

I really wish we had somewhere to go that required costumes, I really wanted to dress up this year. I was thinking Danny and Sandy from Grease or a Dancing with the Stars couple. Oh Well maybe next year:)

Today we have been rearranging furniture. Our grand plan is to get a 47” TV for the living room and put it on top of the fireplace or hang it above the fireplace, give the current TV and entertainment center to JR’s mom, and move the furniture around so that I can FILL the big wall with framed pictures of the kids. Well it will be a minute before we get the big TV so in the meantime we moved the one from our bedroom to the living room and will put a small one in our room temporarily. JR just carted out the old TV and entertainment center and when dinner is over we will move the furniture. This is all in preparation for the Christmas Tree!! I want it in front of the picture window this year. Now that it is Nov. 1st I will be thinking nothing but Christmas and preparing. I may even break out the Christmas CDs:) JR will just have to suffer!!!

2 comments:

The Vathes Family said...

Adorable boys, LOVED the costume idea!!!

Ricky, Bethany and Emmaleigh said...

I am totally ready to bring on the Christmas decorations and music, etc. LOL :)