Saturday, November 14, 2009

Not much news

This week has been pretty tame. Not much to report. Mom, Nicki, and I did spend the holiday shopping at Arundel Mills which is always fun. Lance tagged along and was pretty good considering he was banned to the stroller so it wouldn’t tip over due to bag overload. It is exhilarating for me to come out of a shopping day loaded down with bags!!! I love lugging them all in the house and laying everything out and going through it. I did get quite a few Christmas presents which was a relief since I hadn’t bought many at all. I feel like I’ve officially started.

Lance ate on the special plate Thursday night. He came home with 2 awards in his folder. He received Principal’s Honor Roll and a Citizenship award. We are so proud of him. His report card showed that he is consistently demonstrating in all areas which translates to straight A’s in older grades. I hope he is able to keep it up the whole way through. It certainly is not that he isn’t capable, just as long as he continues to apply himself:) He also had his first school performance on Friday at a Veteran’s day assembly. His grade sang This Land is Your Land. JR went, I wasn’t able to get out of work but I am going on Tuesday to spend some time in his classroom and to eat lunch with him. I like being able to do the mom things now although it is a pain having to take off for all of it. Being at the same school would be convenient as far as that goes.

Today the kids, mom, and I went to see A Christmas Carol in 3D today. It was actually kind of scary at times, Lance cried twice. I felt terrible. Ryan didn’t flinch and laughed several times. Lance will probably be like me and be a fraidy cat and Ryan will probably watch all of the SAW movies with no problem, Ha. Now we are getting ready to have pudding and go to bed. Tomorrow I will attempt to take Nicki’s family pictures as long as the weather cooperates.

IMG_5161

Ryan did more licking than helping:)

IMG_5163

No comments: