Well today was an unusual Thanksgiving for us. For my whole life we have spent Thanksgiving cooking all morning while watching the parade and then spending the afternoon at the designated family member’s house who was hosting the meal. This year it was quiet with NO cooking. Dad and JR are at work and mom came over this morning to help decorate our trees. I will spend the next several days moving ornaments around until it is perfect. I am a bit OCD about my tree. Each ornament has to hang a certain way and I tried not to cringe every time the kids put one on. I have a tree that is just theirs but of course they had to help with mine too. They would hang 3 ornaments on the same branch. It almost threw me into convulsions but I was able to keep it under control for the fun of it:)
We went to a 2:45 movie then to Mimi’s for dinner. Dinner was good, and eating out is great but sure wish it was more than just us and mom. It just didn’t feel like today was Thanksgiving. Mom, the boys, and I even stopped at Michael’s on the way home to hit a 4 hour sale they were having. Shopping on Thanksgiving day with those 2 boys, are we nuts???? Today was also grandma Rison’s birthday so we took birthday dessert over there this evening and visited for a while. I am now listening to Ryan cry as I type because he is over tired and doesn’t know what to do with himself. It will last about 15 minutes or so then he will be out like a light. Lance is already passed out.
Tomorrow we will do a lot of nothing. I am not even going out in the wee hours of the morning for Black Friday. JR won’t be home early enough and if we do go out it won’t be until later in the day. We are almost finished with the major gifts which is a relief. We are going back to the National Harbor for the tree lighting tomorrow night if the weather permits. Hope everyone has enjoyed their Thanksgiving.
Decorating their tree. This tree has ornaments they have gotten or made since birth.
Placing the ever important star!
Putting the fire department ornaments on Daddy’s tree
Encouraging placement of ornaments:)
Doesn’t he look like he should be in a GAP ad??
Ahhhhh, I just love it!
Lance’s smile is so forced these days!
We had traditional Thanksgiving cuisine and it was really good.
Lance and Ryan had Thanksgiving pizzadillas:)
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a great day even without me! ;-) Have fun tonight at the Tree Lighting, we'll have to go back and see the tree when we get home.
Post a Comment