Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Birthday Eve

Tomorrow is my 29th BD. I am not yet ashamed to tell my age, I’m sure the day will come though. As I reflect on my 29 years I have a lot to be thankful for…

* Wonderful parents who raised me in a home full of love and laughter and taught me the ways of the world, how to care about others, work hard for what you want, and ultimately how to be a good wife and mother.

* My entire family who I am lucky to have. All living grandparents and who are able to see my children and enjoy them.

* Endless opportunities to do and be whatever I ever wanted.

* My husband for being my partner for life and one who I can laugh with, love, and fight with sometimes too. He is the one who gets the brunt of my frustrations and he takes it well and lets me know when I’m being irrational. Also, for always wanting to make me happy. He always says, if you’re happy…I’m happy. Not quite sure if that is always the case but he does try. Love you babe!!

* My 2 boys, my greatest accomplishment. I hope to raise them to be good strong men like their daddy and pop pop. They have wonderful examples to live by, I know they’ll make us proud. They already do!

*And last, my career in teaching, although it makes me crazy sometimes, I do love it.

I am sure there is much more. I have accomplished a lot in my 29 years and I hope that the next 29 are just as fulfilling and rewarding.

Tomorrow we are having dinner in and then all of the family is coming over for dessert. I was making it this evening and Ryan of course was asking for some. I said, “No this is for mommy’s birthday tomorrow” He said, “Is all the family coming over?” It was so cute to hear that grown up phrase come out of a 3 year old. Friday night we are going to the ICE display at Nat’l harbor so I will post pictures of all the BD events then.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Where is the special paragraph about being thankful for the best sister in the world? sheesh! ;)
Happy Birthday! :)

Ricky, Bethany and Emmaleigh said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a great one!

Liz said...

So sweet- Happy Birthday Girl!!

The Vathes Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEN!! I hope you have a great day =)

Dena Pickle said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer! BTW 29 is still a baby when you're 45!

McNab Family said...

Happy Birthday old lady!!You know I have to give you a hard time!lol