Talking to kids and listening to their conversations is by far one of the most entertaining things I’ve ever done. Listening to how they interpret the world is so funny!!! I know exactly how their little brains work and I even remember some of the funny things I thought as a kid, like your bank account. When someone said they had $1000 in their bank account (boy I wish I did:) I thought that behind the bank tellers was a room full of little drawers and each drawer had peoples names on them and in those drawers was their money. Hahahaha, so NOT true but that is just how literal kids are:)
I can be found A LOT of the time watching DOG the bounty hunter on TV. Lance has taken a liking to it and will watch with me. It is not my finest parental decision but I do take the opportunity to use it is a good teaching moment and explain that he does NOT want to be like those fugitives:) Anyway, I got a speeding ticket on the way to work yesterday, I WAS NOT SPEEDING!!! I usually know when I'm speeding and yesterday was not one of those times! The you know what state trooper was traveling in the opposite direction and turned around to pull me over. I really thought it was going to be for my tint, whatever!!! So…I got a ticket and when JR and I were talking about it last night Lance piped up…. “You got a ticket? Are you going to court?” I said, “No I'm not going to court” he then said, “You better go to court or DOG will come looking for you!” He said the same thing to JR a few weeks ago asking about a time when he was pulled over. Of course he didn’t get a ticket! Lance told him, “If you don’t go to court daddy, then Dog the bounty hunter comes looking for you.”
We also found out tonight that Lance has a girl interested in him:) JR asked him what he and Brynn were talking about getting off the bus, something about Emma?? Lance immediately smiled and said he didn’t want to talk about it. We asked a little more and he said, “I don’t know, the love note fell out of my back pack” Oohhh…… love notes already, boy oh boy!! He asked how many valentines he had, he wants to give Emma one and she is in another class:) So cute!
Nothing else really going on…just watching the snow:) Maybe this time the boys will be able to play in it!
2 comments:
You mean just because you have a book of checks doesn't mean you have money?! lol...I always thought that. Oh boy, Lance is getting love notes already? You need to get that for blackmail when he's older! :)
ahh did you get pulled over in Bryans road??? I thought that was you : / !!
Post a Comment