I hurt my back on New Year's Eve helping mom move a piece of furniture, it hurt the whole weekend but was managelable with over the counter pain medicine. I went to work on Monday the 3rd and was just fine. Tuesday at lunch time I bent over to pick up a poster in my closet and felt something pop. All I could say was, "Oh No". As the afternoon went on it got worse and worse and I could barely drive home. JR was working of course but had to come home and we headed to the ER. My mom was home with the flu and dad still has a bad shoulder. Dad was able to get the kids off of the bus for me though and came back to watch them while we were at the ER. I think this was the first time Pop Pop was on duty by himself. The kids enjoyed it and immediately were pulling out board games to play:) Thanks dad!!! The ER gave me a pain shot and valium. I came home and went to bed. Working on Wednesday was out of the question but I was sure by Thursday i'd be fine. Um.....Not so much!
Wednesday I spent the day in excrutiating pain and was sick at my stomach from the valium. Throwing up with a hurt back is anything but pleasant. JR had his hands full to say the least. By Wednesday afternoon I called my regular doctor and got an appointment for Thursday morning. So no work on Thursday but should be fine by Friday. Um...Not so much!!!
Thursday was probably the toughest day because I had to get out of the bed and into the car. We arrived at the doctor's office and it took JR 10 minutes to get me out of the car to a standing position. The pain was so bad I can't even describe it. Once we finally made it into the waiting room sitting in the chair was quite a task. Once they called my name I couldn't get up and they had to fetch a wheel chair for me. I felt like such a dork!!! There were 80 year olds in there springing up from their chairs and here I needed a wheel chair. I got some new medication and was sent for an x ray. So back in the car to x ray, another 10 minutes to get in the car and back out! The x ray did show some probelms in my lower back so I go to an orthopedic this week to get more details. So again...No work on Friday. I have never been off work for more than a day for myself!
JR went to work on Saturday for his own sanity and Mom babysat me and the boys:) By Sunday I was able to walk alone for short periods of time and I did manage to make it through Ryan's BD party. I returned to work yesterday and today. I still have pain and I have to be really careful what I do but I am much more mobile than before! I am updating from the laptop now, I am pretty stiff and tired after working all day. Hopefully I am on a steady road to recovery and I do have to attend some physical therapy in another week or so.
Ryan's BD party was great at Pump it Up and I will post pictures when I can sit in the computer chair long enough to download them:)
5 comments:
I honestly know your pain!! I remember when that happened to me, I was out for 2 weeks! I couldn't sit up long enough to even go to work. UGH....have you done physical therapy? That's what my dr. made me do!
PS. I hope you feel better SOON!
Ugh back pain is the worst...but yours sounds like it was to the extreme!! I feel so bad for you, glad you're mobile now but I hope they can do something to completely get rid of the pain!
Goodness gracious - I sure hope you get better soon! I couldn't imagine!
my gooodness !! Hope you feel better !!
Post a Comment