Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Today has been a great day filled with the smell of pumpkin pie and savory stuffing along with parade watching and family galore!!! Doesn’t get much better than that.
Thanksgiving around here usually is low key. JR has worked every single year (ugh!!) and Dad too for the past few years, Nicki and Matteson usually go to NY, and Mama and Papa have gone to NC the past couple of years. So it has just been me, the kids, Nana, and Grandma and Poppa Rison. It is usually pretty depressing actually!! A couple of years ago Mom and I took the kids out to eat and to a movie. We stared at each other across the restaurant table and wanted to cry!!! We vowed never to do that again:) BUT…this year was different, we were ALL here (except JR) yes he worked like usual!!! This year is a leap year so he will finally get off of the Thanksgiving rotation!!! He’s not allowed to change shifts:) He’ll probably land on Christmas next year, what gives?? Anyway, Dad is now retired, Mama and Papa stayed in MD, and Nicki and Matteson stayed in MD too because traveling again would be a little much for Matteson.
It was just a great day and everyone gathered around my BIG table and bar and it was everything I ever imagined when planning my new kitchen. I am very Thankful this year for all the many blessings in my life. There are too many to name:)
Watching the best part of the parade, SANTA!!!
The new addition
Yummy Yums!!! The bar holds all the food and still seats 4!!!
and we squeezed 9 at the table:)
Check out my GIANT fork and spoon on the wall!!!! I LOVE them!
Game time
Being lovey…for a minute:)
and the Rison tongue appears:) We all have it when we concentrate!!
Aww…he loves aunt Jen so much
so typical…Ryan choking me to death and Uncle Matt instigating Lance with his crutch!! Sheesh!
Well, time to go relax with the TV. No Black Friday shopping for me this year. JR is going to tractor supply at 6am for a heater but I will be snoozing. I did have 2 things I wanted at Wal-Mart but Nick is coming to my rescue and picking them up for me. Couldn’t get a sitter for shopping:) Thanks Nick!!! Tomorrow we will be decking the halls and trimming the tree!
1 comment:
I want to work on my kitchen now! everything looks great!
Post a Comment