I experienced something today that I have never before and may never again. The mother of a child in my class came home today from her year long deployment and surprised her in class. I knew she was coming but her kids and even her husband did not know she was coming home today. When she came in we were getting ready to have snack and Gabriana was sitting on the carpet. Her mom came in with dad and uncle in tow and she stared for a good 30 seconds or so before lighting up and darting to her calling, “Mommy, Mommy, you’re back!” Of course dad was taking pictures and there wasn’t a dry eye in the place. The other kids were oblivious to what was going on but it was a wonderful moment that I was glad to be a part of. Her mother thanked me for the opportunity to come in and said she hoped it wasn’t too much trouble. I assured her it was anything but trouble and gave her a big hug. I am in awe of her ability to be gone from her children for this long and am glad that there are people like her out there fighting for our country! To the rest of our service men and women, THANK YOU!!!
2 comments:
that is so awesome!
Nice experience. I don't know how those mothers do it.
Post a Comment