Monday, October 17, 2011

DIY Weekend

So I embarked on a DIY project this weekend and I did it solo!! Coats, book bags, and shoes are constantly clogging my entry way. I have tried to organize these things in different ways but have been unsuccessful and not real happy with it. I think I finally did the trick, now I am on coat and shoe patrol constantly reminding the kids where their things are now supposed to go!!

DSC_4316

This area used to have a shelf with hooks only. There wasn’t enough room for everyone’s jackets and certainly not book bags. I had a separate shoe cubby and put command hooks for book bags but they weren’t strong enough. I did move a 9 cubby shelf under the old hook shelf but then there wasn’t room for jackets.

So…3 shelves with 3 cubbies did the job. I left the shelves out of the bottom shelf so there was open area for shoes and the karate bag. I am very pleased!!! I would have liked to paint before installing this set up but oh well, that will come.

Finished kitchen pictures to come as well. We are still finishing grout!!! The tile was the easy part, the grout is another story!!! Hopefully it will be done soon:)

No comments: