Well we went camping this weekend for the third time!!! I never thought I’d go once let alone 3 times but we had a lot of fun. It was colder than last October when we went but we survived. Mom and dad came along and my BFF Bree and her family joined as well. I have to say that the more we go the better we get at it. And…it’s a good thing that the wilderness is only 5 minutes from Wal-Mart:) We did make a trip or two there for odds and ends. Well on to the pictures…
First order of business, GET THE FIRE GOING!!!
The jumping pillows are the best attraction for the kiddos
Lance is always willing to lend a helping hand
Come on…smile and say cheese or no campfire…
Classic!!!
Cooking dinner night 1
BBQ chicken and veggies, yum!!
Jiffy Pop over the fire
and Smore’s of course!
Good Morning Nana!!!
Lance and Camden
* He wore his Jr. Ranger outfit from the time he got it till we left!!
I had to sneak this picture…those 2 love birds showed up with that teeny tent!!!! Poor things couldn’t get their fire built, Dad had to go over and help them!! Wonder if she still loves him after this weekend?? I’d have to think twice if JR tried to woo me in a teeny tent with no mattress and no fire building skills!
Checking out all the site decorations
Some people go ALL out!
Jamey had to brush his hair before we could go on the hayride:)
Making mud pies
Ryan and Mikayla were telling Jamey where everything was on the map
Ready for trick or treat
Lance wouldn’t put on his firefighter costume, he had to be the darn Ranger!
* Mikayla was terrified of Colton, we showed her that it was just a costume and told her over and over that it was just Colton. Every time she would see him she would cry like it was the first time. Well soon enough she wouldn’t leave his side. She kept calling him “My Monster” and guess she figured it was good to have a monster on your side:)
Mikayla had Colton and Jamey wrapped around her finger:)
Night Night!! It was pretty cold:) I had about 3 layers of clothes and slept with my hood cinched tight:) Next time…maybe a cabin:)
I saw a great sign hanging on someone’s camper that said…
“The boys think we are camping, but we are making memories”
It is so true and even though there was plenty of, “get away from that fire, stop doing that, and if you don’t listen to me I’m gonna blister your tail in front of all these people” it is making memories none the less. Memories that the kids will always carry and hopefully traditions that they will one day pass on to their kids. Who knows maybe JR and I will be a Nana and Pop Pop one day and go along on the camping trip too:)
5 comments:
Cute pics!! Glad everyone had a good time... Mikayla asked me before bed tonight if we can take her camping again tomorrow haha
Such cute pictures! Looks like everyone had fun, the ones of Mikayla walking with the "monster" are adorable and hilarious!
Looks like you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing with your pictures. Great memories for the kids.
That last paragraph cracked me up...we had so much fun! Thanks for not posting any un-internet worthy pics. Love ya!
That did look like a great memory making trip. That story of that couple was funny. I would be ticked if I were her. That is the kind of camping I would like to do. 5 minutes from Walmart and amenities if you need them. That is why we havent been yet because Brad wants to do "real wilderness camping." AS IF!
Post a Comment