JR and I were able to visit with Nicki and Matteson most of the day/evening on Friday. It went really well and Matteson was awake for most of the day. Even through all of this he still has his sarcasm and sense of humor. He is keeping all of the nurses and aides on their toes for sure!
PT came in to try and get him from the bed to the chair and that was quite an event. He did really good compared to the day before but at one point he was in such pain that I had to walk away. The sight of him struggling in pain and the movement of his legs left me a bit light headed and feeling sick for a brief moment. I don’t think I have a weak stomach but I guess when it’s family it’s different. After a little walk and chat with JR and Eric I was fine.
JR stayed with Matteson while Nicki and I took the kids to see the Lion King yesterday. We decided to take them that evening to visit for just a little bit. We had a nice talk before going into the hospital about the “rules” and being quiet. They did good although Nicki and I were a nervous wreck about Mikayla being loose in the room. She just has no concept and in being a typical 3 year old we had to watch and make sure she didn't bump the bed. Lance was very into what was going on and wanted to help take care of uncle Matt. He gave him his water and Gatorade and sat right by the bed most of the time. The surgeon came in to talk about the next step and also to check out his leg. I tried to move Lance but he wanted to see what was going on and wasn’t phased by how his leg looked. He asked a few questions and we answered them and that was it. The surgeon was going to determine if his last surgery was going to be today or Tuesday. After that he seemed to think that within a day or 2 he could be moved to Rehab. Ryan said Hi to uncle Matt but really that was it. He was more into eating trail mix and playing with Mikayla. Over all it was a good visit and then JR and I headed home with all three kiddos. Mom and Dad are going today for a bit and taking Jaxon.
We didn’t think to bring a camera but Nicki got a couple with her phone.
Lance stayed in this spot the whole visit:)
3 comments:
Jen, Thanks so much for the update and pictures. My heart hurts for Matt.
I second that Jen. Thanks for keeping us up to date and for the pictures. Please let Matteson know that we are praying for him and thinking of him often.
Ughhh, I feel just awful that they are going through this. Matteson for one but it effects the whole family and that is very clear. Hopefully the family will be back together on Sundays with him walking as usual soon.
Post a Comment