Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Thank you GOD!!

I can't say anything else but THANK YOU GOD!!!! that Matteson is alive and survived the accident. There is not a shadow of a doubt that God was in control of that situation and I don't think that I have every prayed so intently as I did last night. Although his injuries are serious in nature and his road to recovery will be long, we will definitely handle whatever these next months will bring. JR and I are making plans to care for the kids in whatever way we need to and I will be spending Friday at the hospital with Nicki. JR is planning to bring the boys after school as we are all anxious to see Uncle Matt. I can't even describe how we have been feeling while we sit here and wonder what is going on. The pit in my stomach is still not gone.

I have talked to Nicki several times and she is doing well. He has another surgery tomorrow at noon to repair his ankle and she will update me then. I am sure she is talking with many of you too.

Matteson and I have a typical brother/sister relationship and he is always giving me a hard time about something. I am always tough about it and can give him a run for his money at times. I am going to tell him that I am kind of ticked he made me cry over him:) Matteson, I love you man!!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Thank you for writing this... He's doing so good though and will be back to giving you a hard time in no time. :). Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.

The Marsh's said...

*sniff *sniff* so sweet in a brother-in-law/sister-in-law kind of way! Thank God he's okay, that was so scary.

Diana said...

Thank GOD he's okay! Still thinking about him, Nicki and the rest of the family!