Friday, September 9, 2011

A Day off of School equals…..

PROGRESS!!!

This crazy weather has been good for our kitchen project!! Not to mention that it is only the second week of school and we have used 3 of our 4 built in weather days. Thank goodness that the superintendent is already converting some calendar days to make up for it. If the winter is as eventful as hurricane season we are in for a doozy!!! I would like to be out of school by July 4th!!! But thank the Lord that we have survived an earthquake, hurricane Irene, tropical storm, and tornado warnings. What a mess, we can handle anything now!

Yesterday JR and I ventured out in the morning to get the last next round of supplies for the kitchen. I’m sure there will be something else, there always is! We got cabinet knobs, tile adhesive, light bulbs, and paint. Once we got home he and dad cut the backer board for the bar and I started the tile. I watched a DIY video on you tube and dove in. It was really easy surprisingly. I got one side of the bar done and JR did the other. One side was enough on my back and I had to start dinner so he took over. I am really happy with how it looks. JR is working today so I guess we will tackle to backsplash on Sunday together. We still need to grout it as well. Tomorrow we are kind of busy so I don’t think we will get into it then. Papa is coming on Monday to paint, YAY!

Here are the updates. The flooring is done, except the molding. The appliances are set, and the tile on the bar is about done, just one small area on the end to cut. We have been cooking in the new oven and Ryan has cookie baking on the agenda today:)

DSC_3821

Excuse the counter clutter, we are still finding places for all our stuff. It is amazing how much crap you can acquire over the years! A personal goal is to keep my island clutter free, we shall see:)

DSC_3822

Brazilian Cherry Pergo for the floor. It matches the cabinets so nice.

DSC_3818

Ryan wanted in the picture. He has been stalking me since we got up to make those cookies!!! 

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks awesome.... Can I hire Gimmel Contracting when we want to redo our kitchen? Haha

The Marsh's said...

It's coming together SO nicely!!! Looks great!

The Vathes Family said...

Oh my gosh I just saw this, I LOVE IT!!! Looks soooo good!!!!