Sunday, September 18, 2011

Charles County Fair 2011

Well it’s that time of year again. The Annual county fair! It doesn’t change much but the kids love it and there isn’t anything better than a cool crisp day with popcorn, funnel cakes, ice cream, rickety rides, and the smell of farm animals!

We all had a great time and the weather couldn’t have been better. I was born and raised in Charles County and have never entered anything into the fair until this year. I decided to enter the picture I took of my dad, JR, and the boys in their fire dept. gear. It won FIRST PLACE!!!!! I was so excited!!! Don’t know what I win but I have to go pick it up at 6 tonight. Probably not much but that blue ribbon is enough!

DSC_3882

Our three kids:)

We have had Mikayla all weekend and my hat’s off to those with 3 kids. And if you have 2, my advice is STOP:) They are all great but let me tell you 3 is a tough job. One is always left out and they are ALWAYS fighting over something. Odd numbers are bad. If you are going to have 3 go ahead and have 4. She has been my girl this weekend and it has been fun.

DSC_3902

Jaxon needs a GAP sweatshirt!!

DSC_3915

Not too fond of the pigs although all she kept asking for was to see Wilbur!

DSC_3919

These piglets were adorable!!! I wanted to keep one:)

DSC_3922

My First Place picture

DSC_3925

DSC_3930

Lance got daddy on this ride, JR was white as a sheet when they got off:) All I could do was laugh, Hahahaha!

DSC_3939

DSC_3941

DSC_3942

DSC_3949

DSC_3953

By the end she talked to the pigs and even tried to touch them

DSC_3956

DSC_3962

Mikayla was all about facing her fears this year, she rode the pony without me holding on!

DSC_3961

Lance rode too, Ryan wasn’t interested

DSC_3964

I drew the short straw for the ferris wheel, I was a little uncomfortable at the top, it was high!

DSC_3970

DSC_3975

The giant slide was so funny, Lance did great!

JR lost his mat so Lance had to take him another one for him and Mikayla. Ryan looked terrified until the end, I laughed so hard, good thing I had my little problem taken care of or I would have had wet pants for sure:)

CSC_3980

CSC_3981

Hahahahaha, what kind of mother laughs at their terrified child??? I can’t help it, you are laughing too, don’t deny it!

DSC_3979

Much better

DSC_3989

DSC_3994

DSC_3998

DSC_4000

Jax’s first tractor ride

DSC_4001

6 comments:

The Marsh's said...

LMAO! Oh my gosh Ryan did look terrified...and I was laughing too! That picture of Jax in the tractor is so adorable!

Unknown said...

I was laughing at Ryan and Congrats on your picture winning. That is neat! Jax looks like he does great when he is along for the ride with the big kids. Three is very hard indeed and we hear that alot, "just go ahead and have 4!"

Nicole said...

I'm still laughing at the pics of Ryan on the slide!!! Oh my word!! Thanks for taking good care of my girl this weekend - she's asking every 10 minutes when she can come back :)

coltoncamden said...

I am laughing...hard! so funny!

griffinx5 said...

I have to ditto all the others...laughing hard at Ryan's face...laughing also at the wet pants comment as I was just thinking about that today, I KNEW that picture would win and I love the picture of Jax in the tractor!! I also agree with the even # of kids...but too late for me

ROBINSNAPSALOT said...

i love that picture! you definetly deserved to win!!

and i cracked up at the picture of Ryan going down the slide. it is classic!