Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother’s Day 2011

Today has been my 7th mother’s day, so hard to believe. JR is working as usual so the boys and I celebrated at Mama’s house. We had a nice lunch and visited outside for most of the afternoon. The boys woke up bright and early and came running with their gifts.

DSC_2334

Ryan’s class compiled a cookbook of family and child recipes. I sent in a recipe for Banana pudding and Ryan added a recipe for carrots:) He doesn’t even eat raw carrots!!

DSC_2336

DSC_2342

DSC_2338

Lance wrote a letter to me, it was so sweet. He made a gift too but said he left it at school so I wouldn’t see it, he didn’t realize that he wouldn’t have it for mother’s day:) Guess I'll get it tomorrow.

DSC_2331

I did get a beautiful Pandora bracelet!! 2 boy charms and one glass bead for each of their birthstones. 

DSC_2277

DSC_2288

DSC_2296

DSC_2290

Take 1, this is usually how it goes:)

DSC_2292

DSC_2272

Mama with Lisa and Mom

DSC_2303

Typical Matteson family portrait

CSC_2310

Matteson making fun of Mikayla twisting her hair and sucking her thumb:)

DSC_2326

Dad and Grandma

I hope everyone had a wonderful mother’s day!! Being a mother is nothing short of the toughest job on earth. I learned how to be a mother by having a wonderful mother. My mom is not only my mom but my very best friend. I don’t know what I would do without her right outside my back door…literally!! I strive to be the mother that my boys will always want to talk to and come to no matter what. I always want them to feel safe and know that home will always be here whenever they need it. There are times when I feel triumphant and other times I feel defeated. I will not pretend that everything is just peachy. There are such sweet and tender moments and then others where I feel like psyco mom but day by day I strive to be a great mother to my boys and raise them to be strong wonderful men. I pray that God will guide me through this journey and I am thankful that he chose me as their mother.

Happy Mother’s Day!

2 comments:

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

Happy Mother's Day! A beautiful bracelet for a beautiful Momma :)

Unknown said...

I love what you wrote about you as a mom. I feel that way too and you are not alone in the unpeachy at times department. I love Ryan's carrot recipe. How adorable...he will laugh at that when he gets older. His wife too! haha! Happy Belated Mothers Day!